Friday, June 4, 2010

6-4-2010...A poop story

A typical day in the life of Cara. I worked last night, later than usual. Got up earlier than usual. Damn. Have to work tonight too. But wait, maybe I could actually take a nap today??? There is light at the end of this tunnel!!! WHOO HOO...Countdown to nap begins: 8:30..Mason refuses his breakfast informing me he only wants cookies (umm, yeah right, sooo not happening lil man)
9:00..reluctantly get some cheerios and fruit in the boy 10:30..go on a nice walk with the Mase and the Bax, ending shortly because Mason can't catch any squirrels and he throws an AWARD WINNING tantrum (thanks a lot you cowardly squirrels)
11:15...I inform Mason lunch is ready..he then stomps into the kitchen and says in his 2 year old demon vioce "i don't want lunch mommy, I want cookies". I tell him he may have a cookie after he eats his lunch. He then bites my thigh leaving a HUGE bruise. I cry a little and he kisses the bitemark and says he is sorry. Instantly forgiven.
11:45..Mason insists on watching Toy Story AGAIN...I swear if I watch that friggin movie one more time I AM GOING POSTAL!!!!!!!!
12:30...Oh thank you god, it is nap time! Upstairs we go(Mason whining all the way)
Go through routine..books, singing, back rub, all the good stuff.
1:00... Mason still yap yapping away (I can hear him through the monitor). As I am laying all snuggly and ready for MY MUCH NEEDED nap, I hear a little voice through the monitor say " Poopie on Mason. Poopie on T Rex. Poopie on blanket"
I think, NO WAY, he is just toying with me.. So I sneak up the stairs and smell the evidence instantly. Enter Mason's room to find out YES INDEED, poopie on all the mentioned things!!
As I stand at Mason's crib, gasping in horror, I don't have any F***ing clue what to do..it is not just poop, it is the MOTHERLOAD of all poops and Mason has taken off his diaper and shorts and it looks like a poop tornado hit his crib!
45 mins later...Mason washed, clothes changed, sheets, blankets, etc changed. Toys removed from crib and cleaned. Put Mason back down for a nap. He happily goes right to sleep. I fold my blanket from the couch as I realize I am getting no nap today. Sigh.
Then I start this blog...because I really can't make this stuff up!!
On that note, have to go get ready for work as I have a 9 hour shift on my feet. And Happy Flippin Friday everyone!
xoxoxoxoxoxo as always
Supermom

No comments:

Post a Comment